Before filling out the on-line application, there are a few details for you to consider.
We are a Christian camp with the following vision & values:
- Our Mission: At TYM, we strive to strengthen kids’ confidence, build their faith and provide opportunities for growth through authentic relationships and experiences.
- We Focus on Christ: His redemptive love infuses our ministry, methods, and volunteer with vision, energy and a lasting impact. We exist to help young people see, know and experience God.
- We Value Ethnic and Cultural Diversity: Highlighting the importance of leadership, staff and volunteers, modeling of integrity and cultural humility by respectfully embracing kid’s differences.
- We Develop Relationships: Together we can intentionally create innovative learning experiences to inspire and encourage kids by spending impactful time and encouraging them to build their faith.
The Qualities and Qualifications of a Senior Team Leader include:
- A person who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who demonstrates integrity and good moral character
- A servant’s heart reflected in a willing attitude to work as a team with other staff members and fellow Junior Team Leaders
- A passion to love people & have patience in dealing with them, most especially with students ranging from 2nd through 6th grades
- Responsible for physical, mental, and spiritual well being of a group of 5-6 campers and the ability to have one-on-one interactions, participate in recreational activities and lead meaningful conversations about an authentic life in Christ
- Must be in good health and be prepared for a physically and emotionally challenging five days. Be a minimum 18 years old.
Do the above mission, goals and volunteer qualities get you EXCITED? If so, keep on reading.
Summer Camp Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age. Senior Team Leaders are multi-generational: college students, young adults, seasoned parents and even grandparents.
- Must comply with the following statements:
- TYM camp is a drug-free, alcohol-free, smoking-free camp. No exceptions.
- I will not bring a cell phone to camp OR I agree to have it stored and returned to me at the end of camp.
- I will value appropriate behavior that includes the words I say, what I wear and how I conduct myself around campers.
- Must clear a background check
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- We ask that all of our camp volunteers consider raising funds to offset the costs of the volunteer program. This amount helps to cover volunteer expenses including training, food, lodging & stipend. Funds raised above $300 provide scholarship money towards our inner-city campers.
- Must attend a 3-hour classroom training session to prepare for your experience working at camp.
- Complete the required on-line training.
- Participate in Family Fest! / Walk For Their Future on May 16th, 2020 @ (NOW a virtual event: WalkTYM.org)
If this all sounds excellent, and you’re ready to apply….
If you have any questions, please contact
Barry Tonge, Director of Programs
text/call: 408-315-4636 | email@example.com