Before filling out the on-line application, there are a few details for you to consider.
We are a Christian camp with the following vision & values:
- Our Mission: At TYM, we strive to strengthen kids’ confidence, build their faith and provide opportunities for growth through authentic relationships and experiences.
- We Focus on Christ: His redemptive love infuses our ministry, methods, and volunteer with vision, energy and a lasting impact. We exist to help young people see, know and experience God.
- We Value Ethnic and Cultural Diversity: Highlighting the importance of leadership, staff and volunteers, modeling of integrity and cultural humility by respectfully embracing kid’s differences.
- We Develop Relationships: Together we can intentionally create innovative learning experiences to inspire and encourage kids by spending impactful time and encouraging them to build their faith.
The Qualities and Qualifications of a Senior Team Leader include:
- A person who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who demonstrates integrity and good moral character
- A servant’s heart reflected in a willing attitude to work as a team with other staff members and fellow Junior Team Leaders
- A passion to love people & have patience in dealing with them, most especially with students ranging from 2nd through 6th grades
- Responsible for physical, mental, and spiritual well being of a group of 5 campers and the ability to have one-on-one interactions, participate in recreational activities and lead meaningful conversations about an authentic life in Christ
- Must be in good health and be prepared for a physically and emotionally challenging five days. Be a minimum 18 years old.
Do the above mission, goals and volunteer qualities get you EXCITED? If so, keep on reading.
Summer Camp Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be minimum 18 years of age. Senior Team Leaders are multi-generational: college students, young adults, seasoned parents and even grandparents.
- We ask that all of our camp volunteers consider raising funds to offset the costs of the volunteer program. This amount helps to cover volunteer expenses including training, food and lodging. Funds raised above $375 provide scholarship money towards our inner-city campers.
- Must attend a 3-hour classroom training session to prepare for your experience working at camp.
- Complete the required on-line training.
- Participate in Walk For Their Future on May 19th, 2018 @ Lafayette Reservoir.
- Complete the on-line volunteer application.
- Must comply with the following statements:
- TYM camp is a drug-free, alcohol-free, smoking-free camp. No exceptions.
- I will not bring a cell phone to camp OR I agree to have it stored and returned to me at the end of camp.
- I will value appropriate behavior that includes the words I say, what I wear and how I conduct myself around campers.
- Must clear a background check
If this all sounds excellent, and you’re ready to apply….
If you have any questions, please contact
Barry Tonge, Director of Programs
408-719-9125 x111 | email@example.com