Before filling out the on-line application, there are a few details for you to consider.
We are a Christian camp with the following vision & values:
- Our Mission: At TYM, we strive to strengthen kids’ confidence, build their faith and provide opportunities for growth through authentic relationships and experiences.
- We Focus on Christ: His redemptive love infuses our ministry, methods, and volunteer with vision, energy and a lasting impact. We exist to help young people see, know and experience God.
- We Value Ethnic and Cultural Diversity: Highlighting the importance of leadership, staff and volunteers, modeling of integrity and cultural humility by respectfully embracing kid’s differences.
- We Develop Relationships: Together we can intentionally create innovative learning experiences to inspire and encourage kids by spending impactful time and encouraging them to build their faith.
The Qualities and Qualifications of a Senior Team Leader include:
- A person who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who demonstrates integrity and good moral character
- A servant’s heart reflected in a willing attitude to work as a team with other staff members and fellow Junior Team Leaders
- A passion to love people & have patience in dealing with them, most especially with students ranging from 2nd through 6th grades
- Responsible for physical, mental, and spiritual well being of a group of 6-8 campers and the ability to have one-on-one interactions, participate in recreational activities and lead meaningful conversations about an authentic life in Christ
- Must be in good health and be prepared for a physically and emotionally challenging five days. Be a minimum 18 years old.
Do the above mission, goals and volunteer qualities get you EXCITED? If so, keep on reading.
Senior Team Leader Requirements:
- Must be minimum of 19 years of age. Senior Team Leaders are multi-generational: college students, young adults, seasoned parents and even grandparents.
- Must comply with the following statements:
- TYM camp is a drug-free, alcohol-free, smoking-free camp. No exceptions.
- I will value appropriate behavior that includes the words I say, what I wear and how I conduct myself around campers.
- Must clear a background check
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- We ask that all of our camp volunteers make an effort to raise funds to offset the costs of the Sr Team Leader program. This amount helps to cover expenses including training, available $300 stipend and digital platform fees. Funds raised above $500 provide scholarship money towards our inner-city campers. TYM will equip you with a personal fundraising page and template emails & social media posts to assist your outreach efforts.
- Must attend ONE of the available 3-hour LIVE (remote) training sessions to prepare for your experience working at camp.
- Live Training via Zoom Option 1: Wednesday, July 1st – 6pm-9pm OR
- Live Training via Zoom Option 2: Tuesday, July 7th – 6pm-9pm
- Must complete the self-paced online training modules prior to the above LIVE training session.
If this all sounds excellent, and you’re ready to apply….
If you have any questions, please contact
Barry Tonge, Director of Programs
text/call: 408-315-4636 | firstname.lastname@example.org