New & Returning Volunteer Information
Today’s Youth Matter is a Bay Area Christian organization operating summer camps for disadvantaged, urban kids from 9-12 years old. The children we serve live in poverty, with a legacy of trauma, which makes them vulnerable to a multitude of risk factors that derails their prospect for success. As an organization, TYM is dedicated to changing the life trajectory of these at risk youth to take them from where they are to where God intends them to be. We call this the “Transformational Journey”.
Camp is critical step in this journey; thus, kids’ lives are dramatically influenced and will have an impact on future decisions by the quality of our volunteers. Christian leadership is a vital role that requires volunteers to help us translate God’s love for them. Our selection process reflects a commitment to our vision and values.
Before filling out the on-line application, there are a few details for you to consider.
We are a Christian camp with the following vision & values:
At TYM, we strive to strengthen kids’ resilience, build their faith and provide opportunities for growth through authentic relationships and experiences.
His redemptive love infuses our ministry, methods, and volunteer with vision, energy and a lasting impact. We exist to help young people see, know and experience God.
Highlighting the importance of leadership, staff and volunteers, modeling of integrity and cultural humility by respectfully embracing kid’s differences.
Together we can intentionally create innovative learning experiences to inspire and encourage kids by spending impactful time and encouraging them to build their faith.
Summer Volunteer Requirements
- Must be able to commit to each day of camp for the camp session you are assigned: For Overnight Camp - 5 days - July 12-16 from 11 AM on July 12th to 1 PM on July 16th.
- Must be 16 years of age by the start date of your camp.
- Must complete the online volunteer application. We are still accepting applications at this time. Space is limited so please let us know of your interest by applying today.
- Must attend ONE of the 3-hour LIVE training sessions to prepare for your experience working at camp.
- Must complete the self-paced online training modules prior to the above LIVE training session. Requires 2-3 hours total.
- Must clear a background check
- Must comply with the following statements:
- TYM camp is a drug-free, alcohol-free, smoking-free camp. No exceptions.
- I will value appropriate behavior that includes the words I say, what I wear, and how I conduct myself around campers.
If this all sounds excellent, and you are ready to apply, click below.
If you have any questions, please contact
Selina Coleman, Program Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-315-4636 mobile